Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bhaag Bhaag……

Idhar daud hai, udhar daud hai, yeh jina yaro daud hai, koyee aage hai, koyee pichhe hai, bas bhagam bhag hai daud hai
While going to my bank, happened to see school children, women, men just run…run for the bus….running across the road, running on the footpath, lest they miss their bus. I just stepped aside and let them pass. This gave me an opportunity to look around and see that almost everybody is running…either for the bus or to reach his or her destination on time. Even I for one was walking at a brisk pace to reach my bank, though now that I think of it …I really did not need to.
So what is that makes us run…run for standing ahead in the queue, run to catch the bus, run to catch the train, run to reach our goals, whom are we competing with? Certainly not the people who are running ahead, behind or besides us, but we are certainly trying to compete with time. Time…one that waits for no one. And what will we be winning in the end. Nothing…we will just be just losing the time and opportunity to pause and look around us , to absorb the beauty of life around us. We are running in our lives, trying to earn, and in return losing out on quality time to be spent with our family and friends, before we reach a retirement age.
I paused today…I waited there on the side for a few seconds, if not minutes, and saw the hurried looks on each and every passerby…everybody just running at his pace…racing against time…bas bhagam bhag hai daud hai….


"Poor man runs for his daily food,
While a Rich man runs to digest his daily food"

No comments:

Post a Comment